Today I’m introducing a new DIY category for Eve: Upcycled Clothing! I’ve done posts in the past on recycling and repurposing clothing but I have not given it a proper home. Now you’ll find these posts neatly organized under the DIY section in the main navigation bar. To go along with my additional tribute to upcycled clothing, I’ve created a Pinterest board with the same name.
To kick off the new category, I want to share some ideas for upcycling sweaters. Of all the items in our wardrobes, sweater seem to go out of style fast than any other item. Not to mention sweaters get accidentally shrunk…but let’s not point fingers.
Ideas for Upcycling Old Sweaters
1. Tis the season for giving, so what better way to package that giftable bottle of wine than in the sleeve of your former sweater.
2. Who knows what’s in that treat bag…and who really cares because it’s so beautiful to begin with. Read more about this project from Shop Girl!
3. Got sweater scraps? Make some home decor says Maryann from Domestically Speaking. This project also includes burlap which is so trendy right now.
4. You can find the full tutorial for this sweater upcycling project on The Homeless Finch. If you have a sewing machine, this project is very easy. Do note, the red ball on the red stocking is extra sweater material – love that recycling!
5. You had me at the houndstooth flower. Honestly, I’m going to hunt down a similar sweater at a thrift shop and make this. Are you with me? If so, the tutorial can be found on Hope and Joy Home. I’m really not one for copying, but this is way too adorable…and green!
6. This could prove to be a tough decision. Do you make these for yourself or give them as a gift? Perhaps you find another sweater to repurpose! Either way, check out the instructions at Drawings Under the Table.