This year I thought it would be entertaining to interview my kids as a record of their lives and interests right now. It’s also a good exercise to interview yourself because knowing where you are helps formulate where you want to be.
So I compiled some leading questions and sat down today for a private interviewing session.
Below are 23 questions to capture your kids’ lives, or your own, on this very first day of the year
1. What is your happiest memory?
2. Why do you like being your age?
3. One word to describe you would be _______.
4. What advice would you give your parents?
5. If you could be any animal, which one would you be and why?
6. What do you like to do for fun?
7. Tell about a funny time in your life.
8. What is your favorite thing to do? Why?
9. What is your favorite thing to do with your friends?
10. What do you love most about your sibling?
11. What was the nicest thing you did for someone?
12. What do you think you will be doing 10 years from now?
13. What would be the ideal allowance? Tell me how you would use it.
14. What do you think makes a person good-looking?
15. Name two places we should go on vacation?
16. What is the grossest thing you can think of?17. Favorite color?
18. Favorite movie?
19. Favorite tv show?
20. Favorite sport?
21. Best friend?
22. Favorite school memory?
23. Least favorite school memory?
Eve of Reduction: Free Seasonal E-Newsletter; Extra tips and wit on Facebook; Reduction Beauty on Pinterest ; The debut DIY lifestyle book (includes 10 upcycling tutorials); and the guide to creative streams of income ebook (only $2.99).