My kids L-O-V-E Jell-O! The problem is it’s total junk and therefore they eat it once a year when friends or Nana makes it. And then they go home trying to sneak more in their pockets. (Yes, I’m that cruel – but, hey, they do appreciate it when they get it).
So, we will be celebrating a big event this weekend: my son’s First Holy Communion. When thinking of first communion party ideas I had to look not further than Jell-O – simply because they’re always begging me for it! He had worked very hard and this called for something special – the coveted Jell-O jigglers. Now to make them fit with the occasion, I made a bunch of Eucharist-ish looking jigglers.
Supplies: Muffin tin, extra round containers (recyclables), hot glue (my answer to everything), PAM cooking spray and of course, Jell-O.
1. Start boiling the water to make the Jell-O.
2. Meanwhile, use your hot glue gun to draw a cross on the bottom of your containers and muffin tins. Be sure to remove any glue strings that trail from the cross.
3. Open all the Jell-O boxes, pour them in the boiling water and stir for about three minutes.
4. Go do something else while your Jell-O cools a bit. You don’t want to put boiling Jell-O into plastic containers.
5. Spray your containers with PAM cooking spray. This will make it easier to get them out.
6. Once the Jell-O cools to a touchable temp, ladle it into your containers/muffin tin and refrigerate.
God Bless you and yours on your special day.
Note: This hot glue gun trick can be used to customize any Jell-O experience. Draw a picture or write a name – just remember to do it in reverse!