I’m a regular at the library – typically in the video and magazine sections, both of which are due after 7 days. For all these years, I’ve been going with my internal gauge as to when my stuff was due. Is it Tuesday? Let me think. Yeah, that sounds right.
This week I was driving home from the library and made the mental note: Today’s Saturday, so I’ve got to get these movies back by next Saturday. Check.
I keep my library movies and magazines in a bright blue bag so it’s easy to keep things organized at home. But I thought, how great would it be to have days of the week patches to Velcro onto the bag.
Here’s how to make a library reminder bag:
1. Start with a brightly colored or distinctive reusable bag.
2. Sew a strip of sew-on Velcro onto a noticeable place on the bag.
3. Cut 7 strips of fabric scraps and sew Velcro onto the back of them
4. Write a day of the week on each fabric strip with a thin marker or dark pen.
*Note: if you don’t have a sewing machine, you could always make up 7 tags that could attach to the bag handle.
Now, if you’re a book worm, here is how to make a bookmark to serve as a visual reminder of when the book is due. (This can be done a million ways, this is what I did):
1. I used my large tag die cut to punch out a piece of a cereal box
2. covered it with pretty paper
3. Punched a small hole for a ribbon
4. Added the words, “Return to the Library by:”
There you go. Now just add the due date in pencil so you can reuse it!